Monday, June 14, 2010

What I'm reading: Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Ever since I can remember I've been a lover of books. All kinds of books. Books on love, life, and the pursuit of happiness are some of my favorites. My favorite collection of books happen to be The Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I fell in love with these books many many years ago. As a child I wanted to move from the big city of Houston, TX to the "Big Wood" of Wisconsin that Laura so vividly described. I wanted to have those same experiences and feel that unfettered curiosity that she describes in her books. 


A few weeks ago I was reminded of these books while I was searching for something on ebay. Happenstance nudged me just see how much a boxed set would cost. Much to my surprise they were pretty inexpensive, so off I went and ordered them. I knew that I had to have them and once again be transported to that place where life is much simpler and less complicated than that one I currently live. 




They arrived today, well used and worn, but the words are in perfect condition. And I can't wait to start the Journey with Ma, Pa, Laura, Mary, and many more.


For more resources on the LIttle House Books: 

Visit the Little House Books Website. 

Amazon has the complete 9 book set for $24.00 here



I will probably be purchasing the complete set of Harry Potter books next. I read them this year as a challenge to my students and I loved the books. (I love the movies too.)

What are you reading this summer?



Hugs, 


Angee

2 comments:

  1. i love these books and still have my original set from given to me when i was nine. i need to pull these out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started last night and was completely tranported to the big wood. These books have such a calming effect on me. I just love it. Enjoy.
    Sent from Angelas iPhone
    www.scrapsugar.com

    ReplyDelete