Monday, June 7, 2010

Project Unveiled: CommemorativeWeddingGift using invites

Hi all, 

A few weeks ago I posted here about a project I was working on. My dear co-worker had a former student who was getting married and she had the super awesome idea of using this wedding invitation and save the date card as a commemorative gift. She gave me both the invite and save the date (I so was going o abbreviate the save the date but when I saw it came out to STD I decided against. lol.) And pretty much left it up to me. So off I went. 

I did have a bit of direction because the back of the save the date card was in a kind of scrap-booking format with a cute digital layout style. So I used this as a jumping off point and went from there incorporating the colors used, and a little bit of the layout as inspiration. 


IMG_0345
Here is the layout right before it was finished. I added a few more touches to it later. 

Here it is all finished and framed. I can't believe how great the frame looks. It's sort of cream colored and distressed. The purple mat looks like velvet and then it has a small green mat beneath it. My iPhone pics does not do it justice. Linnell brought it to my classroom to let me see and I so wanted it back it was so beautiful. I wish I could say this was my idea to do this but it was all Linnell. All the papers are from a Walmart brand scrapbooking paper pack from Best Occasions punch out paper pack. The hearts were punched with the Stampin' Up! Heart Trio punch, and miscellaneous pearls and ribbon from my stash. 
TRobinsonWeddingplaque
 
IMG_0376
  

Any other ideas for crafty wedding gifts?? Please leave me a comment below. Thanks.

Hugs, 

Angee

1 comment:

  1. Amazing projects. Lots of special touches without being overwhelming! Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete