Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Mother's Love

Happy Mother's Day

A mother's love is unconditional, more than you can ever want or need, always present, and never wavering. I learn that everyday as I interact with my students and become a loving mother to them. Most of them don't want it but need it, or don't need it but want it. I'm just glad that I'm blessed to have a wonderful mother and that I'm able to demonstrate the love she's given me over the last 27 years to 180 students this year. It's truly been life changing for me. 

In honor of all the great Mother's out there, either by choice, profession, or ministry I say kudos for all you do, and the lengths to which you do it everyday, each year.

Here are just a few more cards that I've made of the last few days. I've been giving them away to my students to take home to mom. It's a joy to see kids this age (12-16) actually care enough to ask me to make their mother's cards for Mother's Day.
image from www.flickr.com
 

{Supplies}

Patterned Paper: SEI - Bridgeport Collection

Stampin' Up: Classic ink in Taken with Teal, Basic Black

Sentiment: PTI - Signature Greetings

Punches: WRMK Corner Chomper, Fiskars Upper Crest Border Punch

Misc: Stampendous Silver Detail embossing powder

 


 I've had the most wonderful women in my life. Whether I was born to them, adopted by them, or mentored by them they have truly kept me in line in times when I wanted to stray, and I know that I am so much better for it. I love you ladies dearly. 

My Grandmother - Georgia Lee Holmes

My Mother - Linda D. Butler

My God-Mother - Margaret Walker

My Cousin - Linda Jones

My Cousin - Chantell Davis

My Cousin - Kimmie Holmes

My Friend - Milicent Lewis Lenton

My Former Boss - Yvette Mitchell

There are so many other ladies I can name here. I am truly blessed. 

Sweet Hugs, 

Ange

2 comments: