Friday, April 23, 2010

New Computer + Dailybooth

Hey everyone, 

I'm back and in full effect. <--I just love that statement. he he. Seriously my computer arrived and I feel like someone just pressed resume. It was a struggle not having a computer for the last 4 days but I think I did ok. It was a complete eye opener as to how much I use my computer and how much it has become apart of my everyday life.

I am officially a MAC and it's been a pretty easy transition. I've been a PC all my life so there are some things that take a little getting used to. 

1. The backspace button: It took me all of 2 seconds to figure out there wan't one. Not a biggie though. 

2. The customization: They seriously allow you to choose the position of the scroll bar arrows. How awesome is that??

3. Icons, Icons, Where for art thou Icons: When I first powered on my new iMac that was the one thing I looked for. Um where are my programs? Thank goodness for the MAC video tutorials. They've been my "Must See TV" for the last few days. 

4. Printing is a breeze: Seriously, all I had to do was plug my printer in, find a document to print (that took a little maneuvering to figure out where a document might be) and then press print. Can you believe the computer installed the printer all by itself with no discs at all. Awesome. 

5. Ease of use: I love the fact that it does what I tell it to do when I tell it to do it. Who knew life could be this good?? Apparently, many of you and I'm just finding all this out. Story of my life!

    Other than that I had my first skype conversation today and it was awesome. I was even able to accomplish screen shots to show my aunt pics of my little brother going to prom. Man, I've been missing out on alot with my "noncamerahaving-bluescreenofdeath threatening-respondwhenitwantsto-PC". I have arrived!!

And thanks to my new iSight camera I can now post pics to my DailyBooth account. For example: 


Photo on 2010-04-23 at 12.06
 

    Here's a quick card that I made today following Kristina Werner's 5 Items on My Desk Challenge.


image from i680.photobucket.com
My 5 items were random PP by Making Memories from the BigKidsBoy Collection, and Whimsy Collection, Polka Dot Basics II stamp set from PapertreyInk, Misc Card base from Michaels, Ink from Stampin Up! in Real Red, Chocolate Chip, & Sage Shadow, + Stampin Write Markers in Soft Suede & Dusty Durango. 

*I counted the ink as one item because I keep all my Stampin Up inks on my desk all the time, and I counted the markers as one item because they came in a pack. 

Here's a quick view of my workdesk - Please excuse the mess. I've been getting crafty all day. he he, 


DSC01220
Lots of Stuff, I know. 

Oh yes, one more thing. I'm having issues with my Adobe Photoshop Elements. For some reason it wont work on my new imac. :-( Any suggestions? Whenever I try to open a photo it crashes. I got the software in a bundle when I got my new printer. Is there a special one that I need to have now because I'm on a Mac??

Sweet Hugs, 

Angee  

8 comments:

  1. Please show your new Mac...
    good to see in on your desk :)
    new things really gives a very sweet chill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will do that soon. Still tweaking the set up. Since I initally set up the computer I've been feeling quite minimalist (well around my computer anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  3. the backspace/delete issue took me a minute to get used to. Delete is backspace. And to delete forward, hold down fn with your left hand and hit delete with your right.
    Congratulations on your new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and if it's not the Mac version of Photoshop, it won't work on the Mac.
    This is also Jacki Marie... not sure what the sign in thingy is doing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jackie. Keep the info coming. Im thoroughly enjoying it.
    Sent from Angelas iPhone
    www.scrapsugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww man. Thats probably the problem. Shucks. Guess I need to add that to next monhs budget.
    Sent from Angelas iPhone
    www.scrapsugar.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really inspirational to me to have my desk that way. I tend to make really grungy products when my desk is junky, and really simple clean cards when my desk is clean. he he.

    ReplyDelete