Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Everyday Love + Impression Obsession

Every once and again I get in a very gracious mood. I am fortunate enough to have a few really good friends in my life. They really keep me grounded and uplifted. I've known them since college. We haven't maintained constant contact since college but they are really good people and we are never apart for too long. And when we reconnect that bond that we have is instantly rekindled and we can always pick up where we left off. I'm a very self sufficient person and rarely, if ever, ask anyone for anthing, (besides advice) but these friends of mine are the type to know what I might need when I don't even know I need it.  For that I am truly grateful and in that spirit of generosity I sent out a few thank-you-for-being-my-friend cards.


Here's the first.


Everyday Love


I put some of my new purchases to good use on this one. I used the MftStamps Notebook Edge Dienamics die to make the edge on the Simply Chartreuse cardstock from Paper Trey Ink. I also used the new Parisian Lace Die from Paper Trey Ink, along with the Labels 14 nestabilities dies. Don't you just love those letter beads? I got that idea from Sasha Holloway a few months back and they had been sitting in my stash for months. Finally broke them out for this card and another layout I did earlier this year and I think I may need to order more. I love those little beads so much. The sentiment is from a Technique Tuesday Stamps set "Everyday Words" by Ali Edwards. I just love her sentiment stamp sets.


For the background I used the Criss Cross Cover-a-Card stamp by Impression Obsession. OMG I'm so in love with these cover-a-card stamps. They are absolutely fab. They are deep etched red rubber cling mounted stamps and they measure 5.75 x 5.75 so they cover the entire front of a standard size card. They are simply amazing. And yes I have more of these on order too. (i have a problem, i know). lol.


Here's the second card:


 


The little stuff


For this card I used the Paper trey Ink Tag Sale # 4 die with Hawaiian shores cardstock and I used another Impression Obsession die on this card background as well. It's the woodgrain cover-a-card. They stamp so well and you only have to stamp them once to cover an entire card. Oh and the best part is they come with their own mount. It's called a mega mount and it is concaved so it sort of rocks across the card giving you a good impression all over the front of the card without missing spots. The stars are die cut with the Stacking Stars dienamics die by MFTStamps, as well. Oh and the sentiment is from a Technique Tuesday Stamps set "Everyday Words" by Ali Edwards as well.


I'm really enjoying mixing and matching companies and all the great results you get when your organized and you can easily pull lots of things together (because your scraproom is organized and everything has it's place instead of.......i digress). Well I'm off to do more homework.


BTW, both these pics are from my iphone and the Instagram app. Love this app.


 


Sweet scraps,


Angee Lee

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely. Not tooo busy like some I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Erica. I tend to work from a cluster of ideas for a card. I put them all together then I remove until I like what I see. Sort of a backwards approach.

    ReplyDelete