Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Collecting Buttons + more...

Hi all.

Daddy Update: He is doing better now, still a few things to check out and make sure are ok before he gets a completely clean bill of health but we are very optimistic. He's out of the hospital and back home being a retired old man (hardly!). And yes, he's my daddy and always will be. Love you Daddy!!! (Can you tell I'm a spoiled non-brat?...he he)

Anywhoo,

So last week I posted a card I made for a Embellish Magazine Masculine challenge. I loved it so much I decided to do another. Once I get going........WATCH OUT NOW!! Lol. I'm on a roll.

 


 


Here's a card I made for the Totally Hues Challenge # 4


 


Everything you see on this card is handstamped. There is no patterned paper. I used to be a paper hoarder but I've moved away from it a bit (although I love love LOVE the Crate Paper Portrait Collection......it's currently in my cart though).  The more I get into the habit of creating cards, especially for challenges, I really get into stamping. Really loving stamping right now.


What I like: I'm loving the pink damask paper in the background. It's the Impression Obsession Reverse Damask Cover-A-Card stamp. It gave the most beautiful even covered stamped image. Definitely one of my favs. I stamped it in Melon Mambo ink by Stampin' Up! The Gingham paper is another IO Cover-A-Card stamp in, what else, Gingham. Super cute right??


The lady image is from the March 2011 Unity Stamp Co. monthly stamp kit club. She is so super cute. I can see getting a lot of use out of this stamp. Oh and the sentiment is from PTI - Studio Style Stamp set.


What I'm not feeling: The distressed paper behind the floral paper. Not so sure about that one. Liked it initially but not feeling it anymore.


Speaking of collecting things, I'm currently awaiting my second order from PTI this month. I ordered basics earlier last week and then ordered from the new release a few days later. As I was preparing my labels for my CD cases I realized that I've collected quite a few PTI stamp sets. I absolutely love their products because they go with my style so well, and I feel like they are so versatile. I'm not a big collector. I don't have any other collections of anything in my house but my craft studio is a whole 'nother story. Between PTI stamps, the Greeting Farm stamps, and Copic.....I've got quite a few collections going on.


What do you collect?


Well that's it for now. I need to call my Daddy and make sure he's doing ok. He has another doctor's appointment on Monday.


Sweet Stamping,


Angee Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment