Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Shopping Addiction-Relapse, Big Relapse.

Ok Ok. Yes I said it. "Hi, my name is Angee Lee and I have a shopping addiction."

Its true. Very VERY true. I SOMETIMES have a shopping addiction. It comes in waves though. Last year I went on a shopping fast and didn't purchase anything but gasoline and food (Bills paid of course) for 3 months. It was super fantastic. I thought that afterward I'd go on a binge but fasting from shopping actually carried over for the next 8 months. I didn't by clothes, even though I found some awesome coupons and deals. I didn't buy shoes, although I have a SERIOUS love of them. I didn't even my crafty stuff. Can you imagine I didn't stalk Papertrey Ink like I normally do every month on the 15th. I was so proud of myself.

Well christmas time came around and my will power went out the window. Actually it was after Christmas. Since I don't have children or a spouse I usually only buy for my parents and my brother. But I think I went a bit overboard for my birthday, which is on the 15th. I bought all crafty stuff for my birthday and mostly from Papertrey Ink. But the after Christmas/New Year sales were my doom this year. I've never been a holiday shopper. I don't normally like all the crowds around the holidays. But this year I got out with my friend, Ilene. I bought perfume (Michael Kors - Very Hollywood, Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist, Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb), sweaters, pajamas, boots (that I had to return later), and some costume jewerly.

But I got 2 big purchases that I love. Want to know what I got??


That is the Accucut GrandeMark. Yes, I did. I first saw this a few years ago when I was apart of a kit club with Marion Smith. (More on this later). I've seen quite a few people with them, Bona and Arlene.


When I first heard of the machine I immediately went to the website. Ummm. $595. I think not. I may have a shopping addiction, but I'm also a frugal shopper. I don't buy anything unless it's on sale, I have a coupon, or it's a super great buy.  I knew I could find one online for cheaper. It took me a long time  and I found a few on ebay but they weren't priced right for me and they didn't come up very often, but I finally found one last week on etsy and I ordered it. How much you may ask? $250. Yes, that is not a typo. Your girl is good like that. I can find a deal on almost anything. (And that included shipping...Ha!) I had to jump on that and I did. It should be delivered on monday.

Oh and it didn't stop there.


That's right. I've been eyeing this baby for quite some time. I'd made up my mind a long time ago that I wanted one but I didn't know when I'd get one. Well my bestie Ilene got one for Christmas and I knew I had to have one too. We  talk books, share books, and love books. It was just fitting that I needed one too. Plus when I heard this week about the new Kindle share feature I was sold. I ordered it this week and it should be here next week. I'm so excited about this.

So now my shopping is over. I'm fasting again from shopping for the next couple months, maybe. he he!!

In other news, my dear friend Marion invited me to be apart of her new kit club. How cool is that right! So the name of the club is Alpha Scrappa Omega. So cute, right?! Love that name. I will have more info on that soon.

Scrap Sweet,

Angee Lee

4 comments:

  1. You go girl .. get your shop on. I feel you on paying for stuff just crazy like. Nothing wrong with having an addiction you sound like you have some sense anyway so you know when and when not to make what I call "stupid" purchases .. either way .. get your accu on boo and have fun with it. I love my Kindle so you as you already know will love it too .. I still love the books too .. so I use my Kindle more for travel or in the bed so that I do not have to have the overhead light on ..

    Have fun with your new toys

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH SHOOT .. i forgot to add .. CONGRATS on your new gig .. that is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girl. Yeah I love books too. Plus being a teacher my librarian always gets me whatever I want and quick too. Sometimes she can't get certain adult books though so I will use my kindle mostly for that. I still love the feel of a book in my hands. I'll never give that up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Droool! Congrats on your shopping. Those new toys look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete