Thursday, July 29, 2010

Texas Style Howdy

My very dear friend Linnell is one of the most genuine, supportive, encouraging people I know. I just met her this year as I began my teaching career here in Houston. He's been a teacher for probably as long as I've been alive and she is so well respected in our school community that if I could be half the teacher she is I know I will have done a good job.

Not only is Linnell supportive of my teaching career she is also very supportive of my crafting. I've made a few things for her including this wedding present. Click here for the original post.



She had the awesome idea of using wedding invitations and save the date cards to make a commemorative wedding present for the bride and groom. How awesome is that idea. And I had loads of inspiration from the save the date cards since they had a layout already on them.

Linnell is also a facebook friend of mine and she contacted me last week about making a card for her. She wanted a Texas themed card, so instantly I thought of vintage, brown, and metal. After talking about it a couple more times she said she wanted cowboy boots on the card. Now this posed a problem in that I don't have any cowboy boot stamps or images on hand, so off I went to google and found a great pair of vintage distressed boots that I simply printed on white cardstock. Well after I had the image I realized that i needed to color the image. I don't have very many markers or colored pencils for that matter so I decided to sponge the boots with Distress Ink. Here's what I came up with.



You can't really tell from the picture but the cardstock behind the brown scallop is embossed with antique gold embossing powder and looks super awesome in person. This was a pretty difficult card for  me to come up with. I made about 3 others before I came up with this one and I think I'm going to reprint the boots and color them again to smooth out the blending.

Supplies:

Tim Holtz: Distress ink - Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy, Scattered Straw. Stampabilities: Embossing Powder in Antique Gold, PaperTreyInk - Rustic Twine, Misc. - Cream cardstock, eyelet, tag.

That's all for now.

Hugs.

Angee Lee

3 comments:

  1. The card looks awesome! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This congrats card is awesome. I love it.

    From Linnell's sister, Lisa

    ReplyDelete