Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Update: Computer Woes

Another little update:
Yesterday was a great day and horrible night. I was working on scheduling some blog posts and right when I finished I shut down my computer. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just at the moment when the computer clicked off I realized I'd forgotten to look up something I needed online so I turned my computer back on, however, something was very wrong. My desktop background was gone, all of my personalized shortcuts were gone, and even my user account lo-gin was gone. My only option was to lo-gin as administrator. Weird right?? I still didn't panic though. So I lo-gin (after about 15 minutes of trying to figure out what my administrator password was) and I'm looking around my folders only to find that every document, music file, and picture is gone, GONE, I tell ya!!! <---always wanted to do that.

I'm so glad I can laugh about it this morning because I wasn't laughing about it last night. In the end I shut the computer down in hopes it would magically restore itself by the time this morning got here, but I guess I set my hopes too high because it's still totally bare this morning.

I guess a new computer is in order. Ugh/Hooray!! That's how I feel this morning. There is really nothing I can do about the fact that everything's gone. I'm going to try to contact my computer liaison at work to see if he has any suggestions but other than that I've got to get a new computer and soon.

That's all for now. I'm just going to think positive and view this as a through purging and start anew more organized and better than ever. Positive perspective, that's my motto.

Have a good day everyone.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment