Monday, April 19, 2010

Quick Post to say Hello!!



Hey everyone,

 

I'm just popping in to say hello. I'm out of commission for the time being until my new computer is delivered so I decided to post an inspiration post. {I'm posting via email and it is the most convienent thing to ever happen to blogging. Thanks typepad for the option. Comes in handy in times like these. :-D} Update: Seems as though there are certain flaws when posting via email: Pictures not posting from Yahoo, etc.
So here I am fixing what was broken.


One of my favorite people/bloggers of all time, Kristina Werner (she is the reason I am a crafter today), issued a challenge with today's MACM: Create a one layer card!! 


image from www.flickr.com


So with this card I decided to use some of my goodies from my major PapertreyInk haul that was delivered today, (and might I add it came at the perfect time because I was having a not so good day).


I decided to get aquainted with my blender pens. I've seen Kristina use them quite a few times in the past year of MACM vids that I've watched and I recieved some in my Stampin Up! Demo kit and I've just broken them out. I need to get my practice in anyway because I will be getting Copic Certified this June. I love this technique especially with the blender pens because it makes your inks so much more versatile. It does take some practice and for my first time I think I did fairly well.


If you use this technique let me know some of the secrets to success with the blender pen. 
 

That's all for now. If your not a tumblr user then you are certainly missing out. Check out
my tumblr account and create one of your own. I post most of my inspirational internet finds over there.

 


Supplies:


Stampin Up!- Classic Ink in Summer Sun, Certainly Celery, Blender Pen, PapertreyInk - Spring Moss Cardstock, Year of Flowers: Daffodils Stamp Set

Sweet Hugs,

 

Angee

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! Super cute card. I LOVE your coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Congrats on your design team selection. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. This was my first time working with markers.

    ReplyDelete