Sunday, October 24, 2010

Let's Eat: Your House or Mine?

My card today was made using a store bought card base with a pre-printed background. All I did was take the green printed cardbase, and add a few embellies and here's a quick and easy card.



So I'm having a love hate relationship with this card. I love the color. This is a great vibrant green but it's not too offensive. I'm loving that PTI stamp of the utensils. It stamps perfectly crisp. The Bordering Blue Classic Ink ended up looking fantastic. It dried a perfect light grey color although it says blue. Plus this is only the second time I've tried coloring with a blender pen (haven't worked any copics into my budget yet....more on that later). I'm definitely going to try this color combo again. So what is it that I don't like?? The sentiment of course. Everytime I try to use my own handwriting as a sentiment, I just don't like it. Staying away from the handwritten sentiments. I will leave that for the insides of cards.


That's all for now. Ciao.


The Deets:


Die Cuts: Nestabilities - Labels 16, PapertreyInk - Mat Stack 1 Ribbon - Stampin' Up! - Taffeta Ribbon in Basic Grey {110110} Stamps - PapertreyInk - Friendship Jar Fillers Ink - Momento - Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! - Classic Ink in Bordering Blue {102265} Tools - Stampin' Up! - Blender Pen {102845}

4 comments:

  1. So cute. I love doing this, especially when a friend's birthday is fast approaching, and I have no time to make those special handmade designs that I work on for days! The cards still turn out nice, and it's still something they could not find in any store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that this card is love-hate for you, because in my book it's all love. All your cards I've seen so far are stunning, but this one just sings! I bet it is the handwriting. I'm the same: I love other peoples handwriting but hate my own. (Yours looks perfect!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love card making too. I scrapbook more these days. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mel. Yeah I wasn't feeling the sentiment but I've grown to like it.

    ReplyDelete