Thursday, September 23, 2010

Silhouette is now MAC ready - Confirmed.



As you know I recently purchased a Silhouette and it arrived today along with this news direct from SilhouetteAmerica.com regarding the new MAC compatible software. I was super excited to hear all this seeing as I'm a MAC user and I don't even have a working PC in my home anymore.

Well much to my dismay, I was unable to get the MAC software to install on my BRAND NEW iMac today and I'm not too happy about it. I called Silhouette America customer service and...........I could not get the issue resolved. Apparently I was one of the first people to have issues so I had to send a lengthy email with screen shots of the problem so their TECH guys could investigate. So for right now I have a non working Silhouette sitting pretty on my craft table.

I'm going to get my old laptop back up and running soon so that will temporarily solve the problem. Ugh.

Later.

Updated to add: My silhouette is working perfectly. I received it from Craftysteals.com on the day that the NEW Mac software was debuted. Talk about coincidence. But that first day I totally couldn't get the program to install. I called Silhouette America (the company that owns silhouette, of course) and they didn't have an immediate solution. I sent them screen shots of the errors I was getting and they called back within 10 minutes to take a statement from me and to tell me that the software developers would look into the problem. I finally went to bed frustrated that I had this brand new gadget and I couldn't use it because I don't have a PC at home anymore. The next day I had the bright idea to uninstall the previous download and try again, and BINGO....Success at last. I've used it everyday since then and it's been awesome. It's the best machine. My only con is the cutting area. I would like a machine that could cut full 12 X 12 sheets of cardstock. That's one of the reasons that I'm still thinking of getting a Cricut Expression. They still have the pink on at the Michael's near me. But then again buying cartridges is not exactly my idea of a bargain so I guess I need to budget in the SCAL software. Decisions Decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment