Saturday, July 3, 2010

Furniture shopping: Help me make WHITE work!!!

Hi all, 

I back with a quick update and am in need of some advice. I'm planning to redo my bedroom soon and I'm buying white furniture. Well I'm not a particular fan of white furniture. Ok well that's not 100% true I love white furniture in other peoples homes but I can't seem for figure out how to make white furniture work, and look sophisticated and classy. So I got this dresser on hold at my favorite furniture place in town and I'm not quite sure how to make it classy/vintage which is my style. So i'm in need of some inspiration photos, links, etc. 

How to I make this furniture work?? Took this pic on my iPhone so excuse the quality. 


IMG_0431
I got the dresser. Not sure about the mirror though. I don't really want matchy matchy. I think I may look into getting a mirror like this.

 (just hopefully not at this price :-/).  Or maybe a vintage gold mirror like this. And I'm also going to change the hardware out to crystal knobs to class it up a bit. I kinda feel like white furniture tends to look a bit country and that is definitely not my style. I love shabby chic with a vintage twist though so that would be a good mix for me. As you can see I'm not quite sure which way I'm going to take this. What about beach chic?? Lol.

I'm also thinking of adding mirrored bedside tables with this to class it up a bit. 

I love these but the price hurts my feelings. They are antique and $2,476.15. OMG. 

Stunning Pair Art Deco Mirrored Bedside Tables Cabinets

And these are super cute, but over $2k too. 

Stunning Pair Art Deco Mirrored Bedside Tables Chests

Potterybarn has these for $399

Park Bedside Table

What do you think?

Hugs, 

A

Update: I found some inspiration pics on hgtv.com. Help me do something like this. 

Dennis guest bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment