Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Technique Tuesday: Copic Markers - Sketch

It's spring break and I'm so glad about it. Being a first year teacher I'm amazed at how much work you put into these children, how invested you become, and how much the holiday breaks are needed. I truly love my job, my students, and my co-workers, however, I so needed this break. Recuperation time is an absolute must and I'm just glad to be in a career where they are mandated. I


I'm the quintessential workaholic. I've been working since I was 15 years old. Except for my first two years of college I've always worked and I never took vacations. Of course I took days off (we call those mental health days now) but I never took a vacation where I left my home and went away for the express purpose of rest and relaxation. Vaca-WHAT?? 


Thanks to my co-worker/friends I am going on 2 vacations this summer. I'm going on a cruise with the girls for my good friend Ilene's wedding in July, and I'm going to Napa Valley with my good friend Mike also. I can't believe it but I'm so looking forward to it. 


In the mean time I'm investing most of my time to my favorite hobby paper crafts. In the next few weeks I'll be posting my original designs, links from my favorite blog hops and crafty ladies, and videos of techniques and cool things that I may find. 


As a scrapnewbie I'm a blog stalker. Yes I admit it. I mean, that's what they are there for, right?? So i've come across many blogs where the awesome crafter has used Copic Markers to color images and I'm just amazed. I haven't purchased any copics of my own but I have plans to own them. 


Here is a great tutorial by Amy Rysavy from Prairie Paper and Ink on how to color with Copic Markers.






Here is a great intro/tutorial with the new Copic Airbrush system. 



Copic's ABS DVD Series Promo from Pushplay Productions on Vimeo.



Do you use copics? Where do you buy them? Where do you get your images?



That's all for now. Have a great week. 



Angee

2 comments:

  1. txht2003@yahoo.comMarch 27, 2010 at 3:57 AM

    I would love to buy some copics. I recently found some at Hobby Lobby, they are starting to carry more colors. I plan to purchase some NICE stamps soon. We shall see. Do you use copics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love watching tutorials using copics I don't own any. I'm in awe and a little intimidated by them. I'm working on a scrapbooking store though and I want to get copic certified. I'm hoping and praying they come to houston soon.
    You know Papertrey ink sells them in sets of 3 for $16 dollars so I think I might start there.

    ReplyDelete