Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Congrats: Teacher of the Year

Hey there. 

It was my first day back from spring break and I surely could have used a couple more days of rest and relaxation. And the time change over the break didn't help at all with my snoozing and oversleeping this morning. But it's time to get back into the swing of things and I'm happy to see all of my kids again. I sure hope that at least a few of them are saying the same thing about me. lol. 

I'm sharing a card with you today that I made for a dear friends mom, Mrs. Carter. We are co-workers actually and she was nominated for the Teacher-of-the-Year Award. I'm in such awe of this awesome lady because she has been teaching for 30 years, compared to my meager less-than-one, and she is so well respected by all of the staff. No one has anything negative to say about her and I just admire that quality in her. 


Congrats2I'd just recieved all my Stampin Up inks in the mail when I decided to test them out and create my own patterned paper. I just love the look of this card although I didn't like the look of the full sheet of the patterned paper that I made. I used So Saffron, Creamy Caramel, and Cameo Coral inks to create the paper and used scrap cardstock to back it and stitched a line across the top. I added some Papertrey Ink Terracotta Tile buttons and handwrote the congrats on the card just before giving it to her. 

One thing I love to do is make cards without sentiments and keep them in my purse for moments like these. I can just simple handwrite the sentiment (very carefully) and I have a ready made card for any occasion. 
Congrats


  

4 comments:

  1. great idea-I am not a stamper but think I could do this...I was also looking at your hair blog and if you or your friends are looking for a product for "curls" or "curly hair"...go to this post on my blog: http://kateblue.blogspot.com/2009/10/mixed-chicks-curly-revolution.html
    My daughter has the curliest mid grade hair that SUCKS up moisture and usually in an hour it looks like we ain't done a thing to it UNTIL my niece sent her the Mixed Chicks product. A set costs $40 (shampoo, condit and deep conditioner) but it lasts for at least 5 months-you might want to try it. And, she has highlights and her hair stayed moisturized. It doesn't work on my hair since I use a relaxer but if I ever went natural, I'd use it.
    Kate Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so going to try that Kate. Thanks for the suggestion. You can so make these cards. That's how I started out by watching some else's videos on youtube. Kristina Werner at Kwernerdesigns.com and I was like I can do that. And now I do. Headed over to your blog now.

    ReplyDelete